Gluten and Dairy Free Banoffee Cupcakes!



These cupcakes are delicious. I really, really hope you enjoy making them. They are of course dairy, wheat and gluten free but as usual this is incredibly easy to adapt and make with your usual gluten and dairy containing products so do have a go!




Basic Cake Mix:
110g Doves Farm self-raising flour
110g Caster Sugar
110g Dairy Free butter (I use Vitilite)
2 Eggs
1/2 tsp Baking Powder (make sure this is gluten free!)
1 tsp Vanilla Extract
1 tsp Soya Milk

Extras:
Dairy Free Fudge (bought from Saisnburys)
3 bananas mushed with a fork (nice soft ones but not too old as quite strong to the taste!)


Topping:

1 tin Dairy free condensed milk (Since publishing this post I have noticed this product has been withdrawn from store and hard to find online. Here is a post I've found on line on how to make the equivalent of a tin of free from condensed milk: http://www.godairyfree.org/recipes/instant-dairy-free-sweetened-condensed-milk )
150g Icing sugar
50g Dairy Free butter
1 75g dairy free chocolate bar (I use Tesco own free from range)

Method:


Step 1:

I recommend making your caramel first so it can cool. To do this, empty your condensed milk into a pan over a medium heat. Stir continuously (please don't leave it even for a second!) eventually your caramel will start thickening up. Empty your caramel into a plastic container ready for your topping later!

Step 2:

  • Mix all wet ingredients together
  • Add sieved flour and all dry ingredients
  • stir well
  • Add fudge chopped into small pieces and your mashed bananas
  • Pop mixture into some of your favourite cupcake cases and bake at 180* for 20 minutes
When your cupcakes are cooked, allow them to cool thoroughly before adding your topping.

Step 3:
Mix your butter and icing sugar together. Half way through I decided to add my caramel and mixed thoroughly. Put your frosting into a piping bag. I used a  jem 1m nozzle to pipe my icing onto my cupcakes.

To finish off, sprinkle some finely grated chocolate on top of your icing and why not add a fancy cake wrap to finish the look?
Enjoy!

CupcakeMumma

No comments:

Post a Comment